Summer Bridge Program
The Summer Bridge Program is now accepting anyone whose test scores indicate they are not college ready or need to complete developmental education courses before Fall 2013.
- Eliminate the need for developmental education (for students deemed almost “college-ready” by passing the COMPASS Test)
- Introduces college-level expectations for incoming freshmen in the areas of: College Algebra, Composition I or History I
Any Student who needs to meet college readiness standards is invited to apply!!
COMPARE YOUR SCORES
COMPASS ACCUPLACER TAKS
Reading below a 81 below a 78 below a 2200
Math below a 39 below a 63 below a 2200
Writing below a 6 below a 63 below a 2200
*TAKS must be exit level 11th grade.
*Reading and writing are combined and labeled ELA.
*if there is a plus (+) sign next to your score of 2200 for ELA you have met TSI standards.
*To obtain your scores you must contact the testing center where the test was taken or your counselor to obtain your TAKS scores.
- Possibly eliminate the need for developmental education (approximately $800 per course and no college credit)
- COMPASS and College level course preparation
- Meet and work with Professors that teach core college level courses in: College Algebra Composition I or History I
- We pay for you to take the COMPASS Test again at the end of the Program ($39 value)
- Enrollment in UT Brownsville (based on COMPASS scores at the end of Summer Bridge Program)
- Up to 11 $200 Stipends opportunities (based on requirements)