The Department of Language, Literacy, and Intercultural Studies holds the following goals in regard and affirmation of the goals of the College of Education.
The programs of the department of Language, Literacy, and Intercultural Studies
- Will develop students’ ability to demonstrate communicative competence in the areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing, preferably in their first and second language.
- Will establish a culture of scholarship surrounding literacy, bilingualism, and second language teaching.
- Will improve recruitment efforts for all program areas.
- Will seek opportunities to support student academic and research capacity.
- Will develop and establish a comprehensive use of technology resources that explore electronic participation in venues opened through use of the Internet.
- Will develop significant collaborations with K-12 schools through a variety of venues, including technology.
- Will serve as resources for educational research for scholarly advancement.