The mission of The University of Texas at Brownsville of Health and Human Performance is to provide quality instruction that will enhance student achievement to meet the changing roles and expectations of professionals in the fields of health and human performance. The department is committed to developing professionals in the areas of physical education, health education, exercise science and wellness promotion.
The department’s focus is teaching, research/scholarly activity, and service. The Department of Health and Human Performance seeks to provide academic leadership for the students’ intellectual, social, cultural and physical well-being.
The Department of Health and Human Performance will:
- promote and increase student enrollment in the master’s degree program (COE 2.1)
- continue to establish a setting in the Health and Human Performance lab to enhance the students’ application of technology (COE 1.3)
- continue to establish a setting in the Health and Human Performance Lab to sustain faculty research (COE 1.)
- continue to establish and sustain faculty research/scholarly activity (COE 1.1)
- engage faculty and student majors in service-oriented activities on a volunteer basis that promote the mission of the department (COE 3-3)