ADMISSION TO GRADUATE STUDIES
All applicants for graduate programs must submit a complete official university application packet consisting of the following items:
- A completed graduate program application form.
- Proof of a baccalaureate degree from a four-year institution which has regional accreditation.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate study. Applicants should request that the registrar(s) of college(s) previously attended send the transcripts directly to the Graduate Studies Office. (Transcripts from UTB not required.)
- Application Essay/Statement of Goals. Please provide a carefully considered statement of: 1) your academic and professional objectives and 2) explain how graduate study will help you to attain your goals.
- Proof of Residency. A copy of one of the following must be included with the application: Permanent Texas Driver’s License ID card; Texas Voter Registration card; Property Tax Statement Receipt, or Utility Bill.
The GRE is no longer required for College of Education graduate program applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0, or over 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study.
- Deadline to apply for Fall Admission - July 1
- Deadline to apply for Spring Admission - December 1
- Deadline to apply for Summer Admission - May 1
To speak to someone in the Graduate Office call:
Graduate Studies Specialist(956) 882-6587
Graduate Program Coordinator II(956) 882-7310
For additional information, please visit the Office of Graduate Studies Web site.