The mission of the College of Biomedicine and Health Professions reflects the mission of The University of Texas at Brownsville by providing high quality educational opportunities for the enhancement of the human resources through intellectual and personal growth. To this end, through one or more of its individual programs, the Bachelors of Applied Technology in Health Services Technology supports the mission of the College of Biomedicine and Health Professions by:
- To demonstrate academic leadership by providing high quality, accessible, and affordable multi-level articulated educational programs for a culturally diverse group of individuals;
- To provide health care programs of workforce training, continuing education, public service and life long learning;
- To develop in its students the skills of problem solving and critical thinking, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and effective communication;
- To provide high quality distance education programs;
- To facilitate student and faculty involvement in systematic inquiry and scholarly activities that enhances health care and clinical skills;
- To be a vital part of the community university that respects the dignity of each learner and addresses the health care needs of the entire community.