Space and clinical site availability limit the freshman medical laboratory technology class size. Therefore, admission to the program is competitive and based on high school or college grades and test scores. A complete description of the procedure used in student selection may be obtained from the Medical Laboratory Technology Department. New admissions to the program are accepted for the fall semester.
Admission Criteria for MLT Applicants
The minimum criteria to be considered for admission in the Medical Laboratory Technology Program are:
- Admission to UTB/TSC. Contact the Admissions Office for college admission requirements, (956) 882-8295.
- Submission of completed "Application for Admission" to the Medical Laboratory Technology Program.
- Submission of testing results that meet UTB/TSC testing requirements for admission
- Submission of two character recommendation forms.
- Documentation of any certification currently held.
- Adequate GPA, entrance test score, and an interview with the MLT program director. Applicants with the highest score ratings and the willingness to be in the program will be accepted in the Medical Laboratory Technology Program. The top 16-20 applicants with the highest score ratings will be accepted in the Medical Laboratory Technology Program .
Note: A criminal background check is required prior to admission to the program. A physical exam and up-to-date immunization are required of all students prior to clinical assignments and preferably upon admission to the program.