The Division of Student Affairs seeks to provide student services and activities that are consistent with the mission, educational purposes, location, and student characteristics of The University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College. These programs, services and activities enhance student learning and personal development. They are designed to attract and retain students by offering:
- a high quality, interactive campus life experience
- support for academic achievement
- opportunities for leadership and development
- opportunities for social, cultural, and ethical development
- departmental connections through online technology, such as social media sites
- support for good health and wellness
- opportunities for career planning
Staff members within the division are committed to students being the most important of our priorities. We center our programs and services on the success of our students. Our vision, mission, core values and goals reflect this view of our work.
As Student Affairs staff members, we value;
- commitment to the pursuit of teaching and learning as the central activity of the university,
- the engagement of students as partners in shaping and participating in the life of the campus community,
- a campus community that recognizes and rewards individual achievements and successes as well as collaborations and partnerships within and outside the community,
- and outcomes of the students’ collegiate experience that include the ability to be accountable for one's behavior, a sense of personal integrity, lifelong habits of civic and social responsibility and the ability to behave in a way that is consistent with ethical standards.