In order to better meet the needs of our student organizations and maximize the space at the Student Union, please note the following policies for use of the work space located in room 2.16 of the Student Union Building.· Computers in the work space are provided for use by student organization members. Members of any officially registered student organization may check out a computer for legitimate student organization business purposes. This includes making flyers, e-mailing club members, posting information, websites maintenance, etc. The amount of computers designated for organization use is limited. In order to best meet the needs of our student organizations, these computer systems are not to be used for playing games, homework, and other non-club related activities.
· The computers can be checked out for use from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. All club members students must check out a computer from the Office of Student Life, Student Union 2.10, before using a computer during regular business hours. After 5:00pm, until the Student Union Building closes, computers are used on a first come, first serve basis, for club members only.
· Student organization members are encouraged to use available meeting rooms in the Student Union Building for organizational meetings. Please note that the organization space is very limited and members from other organizations are working on different projects. Club meetings can at times get very noisy. This will pose challenges for those members from other clubs working on different projects.
· Spray painting signs and other similar activities that use harsh chemicals or power tools is strictly prohibited.
· Food and beverages are not allowed in the work space.
· The work space is for student organization business, meetings, and other similar organizational activities. It is not a study room for students. Students needing spaces to study as a group are encouraged to visit the library and reserve a group study room for these purposes.