- Bagley, C., & D' Augelli, A. R. (2000). Suicidal behaviours in gay, lesbian, and bisexual youth. British Medical Journal, 320, p. 1617-1618.
- Bell, A. P., & Weinberg, M. S. (1978). Homosexualities: A study of diversity among men and women. Simon and Schuster: New York.
- Botnick, M. R., Heath, K. V., Cornelisse, P. G. A., Strathdee, S. A., et al. (2002). Correlated of suicide attempts in an open cohort of young men who have sex with men. Canadian Journal of Public Health, 93 (1), p. 59-62.
- D'Augelli, A. R., Hershberger, S. L., & Pilkington, N. W. (2001). Suicidality patterns and sexual orientation-related factors among lesbian, gay, and bisexual youths. Suicide & Life-Threatening Behavior, 31 (3), p. 250-264.
- Fergusson, D. M., Horwood, L. J., & Beautrais, A. L. (1999). Is sexual orientation related to mental health problems and suicidality in young people? Archives of General Psychiatry, 56 (10), p. 876-880.
- Gibson, P. (1989). Gay and lesbian youth suicide. In Feinlieg, M. (Ed.). Prevention and intervention in youth suicide. Report of the Secretary's Task Force on youth suicide, vol 3, p. 109-142. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Herrell, R., Goldberg, J., True, W. R., Ramakrishnan, V., Lyons, M., Eisen, S.,,& Tsuang, M. T. (1999). Sexual orientation and suicidality: A co-twin control study in adult men. Archives of General Psychiatry, 56 (10), p. 867-874.
- LaBarbera, P. (1994). The gay youth suicide myth. Family Research Council's Insight. http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Parliament/7347/dr33.htm
- Martin, J. L, & Knox, J. (2000). Methodological and ethical issues in research on lesbians and gay men. Social Work Research, 24 (1), p. 51-59.
- Massachusetts Youth Risk Behavior Survey Results (2001, September 2002). Massachusetts Department of Education.
- McBee, S. M., & Rogers, J. R. (2002). Lesbian, gay, and bisexual suicidal behavior: Testing a constructivist model. Suicide & Life-Threatening Behavior, 32 (3), p. 272-283.
- McDaniel, J. S., Purcell, D., & D' Augelli, A. R. (2001). The relationship between sexual orientation and risk for suicide: Research findings and future directions for research and prevention. Suicide & Life-Threatening Behavior, 31 (Supplement), p.84-105.
- McDermott, E., Roen, K., & Scourfield, J. (2009). Avoiding shame: Young LGBT people, homophobia and self-destructive behaviours. Culture, Health, and Sexuality, 10(8), p. 815-829.
- Paul, J. P., Catania, J., Pollack, L., Moskowitz, J., et al. (2002). Suicide attempts among gay and bisexual men: Lifetime prevalence and antecedents. American Journal of Public Health, 92 (8), p. 1338-1345.
- Porter, J. (2001). One in thirteen: The silent epidemic of teen suicide. Robins Lane Press:Beltsville, MD.
- Remafedi, G., French, S., Story, M., Resnick, M. D., & Blum, R. (1998). The relationship between suicide risk and sexual orientation: Results of a population-based study. American Journal of Public Health, 88 (1), p. 57-60.
- Rofes, E. R. (1983). "I thought people like that killed themselves": Lesbians, gay men and suicide. Grey Fox Press: San Francisco.
- Russell, S. T., & Joyner, K. (2001). Adolescent sexual orientation and suicide risk: Evidence from a national study. American Journal of Public Health, 91 (8), p. 1276-1280.
- Scourfield, J., Roen, K., & McDermott, L. (2009). Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender young people's experiences of distress: Resilience, ambivalence and self-destructive behaviour. Health & Social Care in the Community, 16 (3), p. 329-336.