Students from our partner universities have the opportunity to participate in on-campus internships at UTB/TSC. The student must meet the following requirements:
To be eligible to participate as a J-1 Student Intern, a participant must meet these conditions:
- Be currently "enrolled in and pursuing a degree at an accredited postsecondary academic institution outside the United States."
- The U.S. internship must "fulfill the educational objectives for his or her current degree program at his or her home institution."
- Have "verifiable English language skills sufficient to function on a day-to-day basis in the internship environment."
- The sponsor must verify the student's English language ability "through a sponsor-conducted interview, by a recognized English language test, or by signed documentation from an academic institution or English language school.
- Be "primarily in the United States to engage in a student internship program rather than to engage in employment or provide services to an employer.
- Be "accepted into a student internship program at the postsecondary accredited academic institution listed on his or her Form DS-2019."
- Be "in good academic standing" at his or her home institution outside the United States.
- The student must return to his or her academic program outside the United States "and fulfill and obtain a degree from such academic institution after completion of the student internship program."
- Have "sufficient finances to support himself or herself and dependents for their entire stay in the United States, including housing and living expenses."
- Work a minimum of 32 hours per week at the U.S. institution as a student intern.