Borrowing materials - Alumni
Responsibility of Borrowers
- Borrowers must present their Alumni ID card.
- Borrowers must present proof of their Alumni association membership by providing a copy of the annual membership thank you letter, receipt or invoice in order to have access to the library services (not including online databases).
- Borrowers are responsible for returning materials on time and in good condition.
- Library materials should be returned to a staff member at the Library & Research Services Desk located on the first floor of the University Library, or through the book depository located outside of the library building.
- Borrowers will be charged a $15.00 fee for each badly damaged item needing repairs. A full-time library staff member will determine the extent of an item's damage. Damage can include, but is not limited to, water damage, stains, writing or highlighting, burns, missing pages, broken spine, or scratches.
- Borrowers will be barred from borrowing additional library materials, when materials are overdue and/or fines are not paid.
- Materials not available from the University Library can be requested through Interlibrary Loan Services.
Alumni: 21 day loan period, 7 books max.
Fines for Lost/Late Materials
- $0.30 per book per day late
- $30.00 maximum late fee for general collection
- $15.00 damaged material(s)
- LOST BOOKS: cost of replacement plus $30.00 administrative fee
- LOST STUDY ROOM KEY: cost of replacement $10.00
Confidentiality of Library Records
The University of Texas at Brownsville Services protects the confidentiality of every individual’s personal information, circulation records, and use of library materials and resources. Such records shall not be made available to anyone other than that person, except under court order or other form of due process which has been reviewed and approved by the Academic Legal Affairs Division.
For further information concerning the confidentiality of library records visit the following web site : Patriot Act.