Binding of Student Theses
Students graduating from the University of Texas at Brownsville are required to provide UTB with five copies of their thesis, two of which will be placed in the Library (one copy in the Special Collections, one copy to circulate), one copy will be deposited with the UTB Graduate Studies Office, another copy will be provided to the student's thesis committee chairperson and one copy will serve as a personal copy for the student. Should a student wish to bind additional copies besides the five required, they may do so.
- Copies must be of 100% rag content acid-free paper.
- Format should comply with the UTB Graduate Studies Office.
- Five copies must include a title page and the original approval signatures of professors serving on the student's thesis committee in addition to that of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Each set of thesis copies submitted to the Library for binding must be accompanied by a “Final Order/Format Inspection Form for Student Theses” signed and dated by a staff member of the UTB Graduate Studies Office.
- Hardcover binding in black “standard” binding with gold lettering in all caps beginning with the title running from top to bottom of the spine followed by the student’s name in normal order.
- Thesis copies may take from one to two months to be bound.
- $16 per copy (check payable to UTB Library)
- No additional charges for copies mailed to students within the United States