What is Bb IM?
Bb IM allow us to create a learning network to support office hours, school services, meetings and desktop video conferencing—all initiated through presence and instant messaging. With IM, students and instructors can easily see who’s online and available so they can instantly communicate with peers, colleagues, and experts.
Bb IM Features
Elevate simple text conversations to rich interactive experiences—instantly and conveniently—for informal learning, help, and collaboration outside the formal classroom. Enable instant communication, collaboration, and peer-to-peer learning with:
- Presence and instant messaging to find others and interact
- Desktop video conferencing and VoIP audio
- Complete directory of teachers, students, and classes
- Broadcast notifications
- Whiteboard with built-in learning objects and templates
- Application sharing and queued chat for tutoring and online office hours
- Instant access to campus services and instant school-wide notifications
- Universal accessibility and advanced privacy features
Steps to Download and Install Bb IM
- Login to MyUTB Blackboard Portal at http://myutb.blackboard.com
- Find the Blackboard IM module and click on "Get Blackboard IM"
- Confirm your e-mail and password by creating a Blackboard IM account
- Download and install Blackboard IM for the appropiate operating system
- Login to Blackboard IM and start chatting!