AED Locations on Campus
What is AED?
Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is a device used to administer an electric shock through the chest wall to the heart. Its built-in computer assesses the patient's heart rhythm, judges whether defibrillation is needed, and then administers the shock. Audible and visual prompts guide the user through the process.
Why are AEDs Important?
CPR can sustain a patient for a short time but cannot restore an organized rhythm. When people suffer cardiac arrest, their chance of survival decreases for each minute that passes without defibrillation. AEDs restore a normal heart rhythm in victims of sudden cardiac arrest.
Where are AEDs located?
- Bookstore: Near the ATM in Starbuck’s
- Champion Building: Office of the VPEA
- Child Care Center: Hallway outside of the classrooms
- Cortez Building: Human Resources and Student Health Services
- EDBC Business: Hallway outside of Dean, School of Business Office
- EDBC Education: Down hallway from the Office of the Dean, School of Education
- Eidman: Hallway near the Fine Arts Department
- Fitness Center: Wall in the room behind the lobby
- Fort Brown Memorial Center: Outside of the Jacob Brown Auditorium
- Golf Course: Club House
- Gorgas Hall: Office of the VPAA
- Gym: Hallway between the main gym and the gym annex
- ITECC: Hallway near WTCE and one in the hallway of the International Innovation Center
- LHSB: One near the Biology labs and one in the Allied Health Department
- Library: One on the first floor near entrance and one in Benito Longoria
- Lightner Center: Lobby of the Academic Advising Center
- MRC North: Hallway outside of SSSP/ASPIRE office
- MRC South: Hallway outside of the Dean, College of Liberal Arts
- Music Building: Hallway near Faculty Offices
- Old Education Building: Hallway near the Office of the VPSA
- Physical Plant: Hallway near offices
- RAHC: North Building Room 100
- Rusteberg Hall: Hallway outside of Sponsored Programs
- SETB: One in the hallway near Distance Education, one outside of the Chair, CS/CIS and one in the Lecture Hall under the television
- Student Union: Outside of Room 2.10
- Tandy: Hallway outside of the Purchasing Department
- Village at Fort Brown: Lobby near the vending machines
- Young House: Wall in workroom
- Campus Police
- Rancho del Cielo
- New Child Care Center
- New Fine Arts Center
- New Library
- New REK Building
All AEDs for UTB are purchased through the Environmental Health and Safety Department to ensure that they are State of Texas compliant.