Strategic Marketing Affiliates Licensees
As we work to brand The University of Texas at Brownsville, it is important we use approved, licensed vendors for our purchasing of UTB branded items. The UT Austin Office of Trademark Licensing oversees contracts with licensed merchandising agencies for schools in The UT System. The licensing process is set in place to:
- Control the quality of our branded merchandise, including use of proper trademarked logos and official colors
- Allow us to benefit financially from the sales of the licensed merchandise
Effective immediately, all university merchandise purchased with university logos must be purchased through an approved vendor with Strategic Marketing Affiliates.
If you have a preferred vendor that is not on the list, please encourage them to apply for a license with Strategic Marketing Affiliates.
The process for vendors to apply is as follows:
- Applicants go to www.smaworks.com and select “Apply For A License.”
- If applicant is planning to produce items that are being sold to the university and will not be resold by the recipient to the general public, they should select the “Restricted License Application.” If the applicant is planning to produce items that are being sold both internally to the university but also externally, either directly to the consumer or through a retailer (bookstore, Wal-Mart, etc.), they should select the “Standard License Application.” A description of each license type is available on the website.
- Application should be completed and submitted to SMA.
- SMA processes the application and shares information with The UT System administrators for approval.
- Once approved, SMA will contact the applicant and send out a “Licensing Agreement” for execution by the applicant.
- Once the license is returned, the license is executed and the applicant is added to the database as an approved vendor.
If you have any questions, please contact the Purchasing Office at (956) 882-6553.
Posted: December 16, 2009