How to Apply
Candidate gateway portal enables applicants to search, apply for, and track job opportunities within the organization. Using Candidate Gateway, applicants can:
- View a list of the latest job postings
- Search for job postings
- Save and search criteria and job agents
- Save a list of job openings
- Access detailed posting descriptions
- Submit job applications to specific available jobs
- Upload resumes and non-resume attachments
- View interview schedules
- View and respond to job offers
- Review a summary of career search activity
- Email job posting information to friends
Searching and applying for a job at UTB:
- Search for a job – To search and review the available job postings go to “Latest Job Postings” section to determine if you meet the minimum state qualifications.
- Create a profile – You will be prompted to create a new applicant profile the first time you use this system. You will use your master application to apply for any job without having to re-enter the information each time you apply. (You will also have the opportunity later to attach your resume when you apply for a position.) However, every time you apply for a new position, you will be prompt to answer that position’s specific required questionnaire.
Note: Be sure to write down your username and password for future reference. Your master application includes a summary of your employment history; please have relevant contact information with you when you create your master application. This process takes on average 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
- Apply for a Job – To apply for a specific position, click on the box next to the desired position. The click on “Apply for Selected Job”. To apply for multiple jobs at once, click on the boxes next to the desired positions, then click on “Apply for Selected Jobs”. Look for the prompt to upload your resume; don’t forget to scroll down to answer the questions at the bottom of the page after uploading your resume. After you completed the “Referral Information”. Click on “Submit”. You will receive an email acknowledging the submission of your application/resume.
It is important that your application reflect all relevant education and work experience. All questions must be answered or the application will be considered incomplete and rejected.
NOTE: AN ATTACHED RESUME IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR THE REQUIRED INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION. ANY QUESTION ANSWERED WITH “SEE RESUME” OR SIMILAR LANGUAGE WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE.
Check the Status of Your Application – Use your user name and password to log on at any time and check the status of all your applications or to withdraw an application. Make sure to log out every time you leave the site. You will be able to log in again using your user name and password. To keep your personal data safe, the system will log you out automatically if there is no activity for fifteen minutes.
To apply, the preferred Internet Browser is Internet Explorer 7 or above. If you do not have the preferred browser installed, please refer to Internet Explorer to download free.
The University of Texas at Brownsville is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or sexual orientation in employment or the provision of services.