One West University Boulevard, Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-882-8200

Ordering Regulated Chemicals or Materials

The Office of Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) must review a researcher’s request for purchase and use of controlled substances, regulated chemicals, select agents, or infectious materials.

University researchers should complete an Ordering Regulated Chemicals/Materials Form and submit it to the EH&S Office. The form can be emailed to, faxed to 956-882-5932, or dropped off at Riverside II.

EH&S staff will review the form and contact the requestor to communicate any appropriate procedure(s) needed for the order. For example, transfer and shipment of select agents requires prior authorization from the CDC/USDA. Some materials may be export-controlled.

The researcher must send an approved Ordering Regulated Chemicals/Materials Form to the Purchasing Office, when requisitioning the regulated chemicals or materials.

For more information, see the Resources section or contact the Environmental Health and Safety Office at 956-882-5930.

For comments and questions, please contact the Webmaster.