Satisfactory Academic STANDING Requirements
The purpose of
measuring academic standing is to keep students on track for successful
completion of a degree and to prevent unnecessary financial burden on students. Academic Standing is
calculated separately from Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress.
If you are on financial assistance, please visit The
To meet SAP requirements:
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
If you meet the (SAP) requirements:
- You will be considered a student in good standing.
- You may enroll in more than 12 hours per semester.
If you fail to meet either the GPA requirement:
- You will be placed on probation.
- You will remain on probation until SAP requirements are met.
- You will only be allowed to enroll in 12 hours per semester.
- You should contact your advisor and/or your faculty mentor. If you do not have an advisor, you should contact the Academic Advising Center.
Students who earn at least a 2.0 GPA for the course work that semester can continue on probation or return to good standing if their cumulative GPA is 2.0 and. Students who earn below a 2.0 GPA that semester are suspended and must wait until the end of the next long semester to return.
A student returning from suspension:
- You will be placed on conditional probation.
- You may enroll in a maximum of 7 credit hours.
- You must meet with an advisor.
- You must fulfill the terms of your Academic Success Contract designed to help you succeed.
Financial Aid Eligibility
Students interested in receiving financial aid consideration must comply with standards outlined in the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.