The goals of the College of Nursing reflect the commitment of the mission of the University of Texas at Brownsville. The faculty of the College of Nursing strive to accomplish our mission to produce a community of scholars who:
- Engage in scholarly activities and disseminate research findings for the benefit of society and the nursing discipline.
- Contribute to the improvement of health care delivery through scholarship, consultation, and professional development activities.
- Maintain high quality baccalaureate and master’s level nursing programs that meet their intended program outcomes.
- Engage in evidence-based teaching.
- Provide leadership in nursing at local, regional, and international levels.
- Recognize the importance of attracting faculty and a student body that reflects and is sensitive to the cultural, racial, and ethnic diversity of the region.