rn-BSN EDUCATIONAL OUTCOMES
By the end of the program, the RN student will have been given the opportunity to:
- Synthesize knowledge from the physical and behavioral sciences, as well as, the humanities and fine arts to be utilized as a source for making professional nursing practice decisions.
- Utilize the research process as a basis for improving the quality of care and the therapeutic environment.
- Promote and maintain holistic health of clients, their families, aggregates, communities and society.
- Utilize the holistic caring process in a collaborative manner to perform therapeutic nursing interventions with clients, their families, aggregates, communities, and society in any multicultural setting within and outside the health care delivery system.
- Utilize leadership and management principles in assessing, planning, providing, directing, controlling, and evaluating health care implemented by self and others.
- Communicate effectively with emphasis on health promotion and teaching in the following areas: written, oral and non-verbal communication, group process and information technology.
- Function effectively through self-motivation, self-direction, and self-evaluation as life long learners who reflect critical thinking skills.
- Practice professional nursing within a framework of safe, ethical, legal and professional holistic nursing standards.
- Utilize management principles that incorporate professional responsibility and accountability to and advocacy for the consumer of nursing care.
- Provide culturally competent holistic care to individuals, families, aggregates, the community and society.
- Demonstrate responsibility for continued competence in holistic nursing practice and develop insight through reflection, self-analysis, self-care and life-long learning.