Mikhail M. Bouniaev, Ph.D.
Mikhail M. Bouniaev, Ph.D.
Dean of the College of Science,
Mathematics and Technology
Doctor of Science, MPSU, Russia, Highest Accreditation Commission of the USSR
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Moscow Institute of Electrical Engineering, USSR
M.S. in Mathematics, School of Mathematics, MPSU, USSR
Title of Full Professor of Mathematics, Ministry of Higher Education of Russia
Title of Docent of Mathematics, Ministry of Higher Education of the USSR
Area of Specialty and REsponsibility:
- Coordinating the assessment and development of academic programs within the School/College.
- Preparing and revising, as necessary, academic program plans for the School/College.
- Promoting and serving as a model for teaching professional achievement and professional service.
- Overseeing all personnel matters involving academic and non-academic employees including: recruiting, appointment, re-appointment; termination and dismissal; faculty evaluation, tenure, promotion and merit; and the preparation and approval(s) of faculty workload plans and long-range professional development plans.
- Maintaining good working relationships with faculty and administration in all academic and non-academic area(s)
- Communicating effectively with various constituencies within the University, surrounding community and state regarding the School/College.
- Marinating effective communication between students, faculty and chairs within the School/College and with other academic unit personnel
- Serving as a liaison with relevant professional associations and state and national regulatory and accrediting agencies
- Articulating university policy and procedures to members of the School/College.
- Insuring that School/College policies and practices are consistent with those of the University.
- Articulating the budgetary needs of the School/ College and overseeing the allocation and expenditure of resources.
- Coordinating the use of facilities assigned to the School/College.
- Overseeing the preparation of class schedules and complying with institutional reporting requirements.
- Maintaining student records.
- Providing a system of advising.
- Working with Chairs to encourage grant applications by faculty members and to prepare proposals for outside funding of special projects.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President for Academic Affairs or President."
- Founding Dean, College of Computing, Integrated Engineering and Technology; Southern Utah University (SUU)
- Interim Dean, College of Computing, Integrated Engineering and Technology; SUU
- Department Chair, Mathematics & Computer Science Department; SUU
- Dean, School of Mathematics; Moscow Pedagogical State University (MPSU)