I. Curricula that reflects sound theory and best practice.
II. Students and graduates that are qualified and diverse.
III. Faculty that are active in scholarly work and service.
IV. Effective governance and organizational structure within an environment of open communication among students, faculty, administrators, staff, and community.
V. Collaborative and mutually beneficial partnerships with UTB colleges, school districts and other organizations.
VI. Enhanced visibility at local, state, national, and international dimensions.
VII. Achieve national and international accreditation and have continuous improvement of the college.
Teaching and Research
- Engage faculty and students in research excellence and professional growth opportunities
- Engage in intervention initiatives to promote student retention and graduation
- Adhere to higher academic standards to produce highly qualified educators
- Establish a process of continuous program evaluation and effectiveness
- Create the infrastructure necessary for enhancing growth in the College of Education
- Expand undergraduate and graduate degree opportunities that meet and respond to the needs of students
- Establish Centers of Excellence that further the mission of The University and the College of Education
- Seek professional accreditations for College of Education programs
- Recruit and retain faculty who are recognized as leaders in their discipline
- Create partnerships for synergistic results
- Promote P-16 collaborative efforts with the surrounding community
- Build a strong alumni base for the College of Education
- Engage in service opportunities for students and faculty
- Seek innovative and creative external funding opportunities
- Engage in research and grant funded partnerships with area
- School districts and other community entities