Student Organization Leadership Banquet
The Office of Student Life hosts the annual Student Organization Leadership Awards Banquet at the end of the spring semester to recognize outstanding registered student organizations and individual students. The awards given out at the banquet include:
- The Student Organization of the Year
- This award is given to the student organization that has the biggest impact at UTB/TSC in terms of leadership, community service, campus activities, and promotion of UTB/TSC.
- Student Leader of the Year
- This award is given to the one student leader who has had the biggest impact at UTB/TSC in terms of leadership, community service, campus activities, and promotion of UTB/TSC.
- Advisor of the Year Award.
- This award is given to the Advisor who has had an impact in advising a student organization.
- Club Awards
- Individual awards are given out to outstanding members by each student organization
- Community Service Project of the Year
- This award is given to the student organization that organizes a project that has had the biggest impact on community service.
- Scorpion Circle
- This award is given to student organizations that are in compliance with all administrative paperwork, attend all Student Organizations Council meetings, complete the Risk Assessment Training and all requirements and request from the Office of student Life.
- Scorpion Leadership Pin
- This award is given to 10 graduating student leaders. The Criteria includes.
i. Must be graduating, within two long semesters, with a certificate, associates, bachelors, or graduate degree
ii. Must have held an Officer position for one complete academic year (Fall to Spring).
iii. Must hold a 3.0 cumulative GPA
This years banquets is scheduled for:
1. Student Leadership Banquet
a. Deadline for Awards – Monday April 26, 2010 – noon
b. Leadership Banquet – Student Union - El Gran Salon – Friday, April 30, 2010 – 5:30pm – 8:00pm