Chapter 33 (Post 9-11 GI Bill)
The Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
To see a summary of changes coming to the GI Bill in the next few months click here.
- VA Application for Educational Benefits VA 22-1990/Certificate of Eligibility/On-line Application
- Copy of DD 214-(Member 4)
- Copy of updated Degree Plan (see Advisor)
- Statement of Charges (copy per semester)
Examples of fees that are not covered include, but are not limited to:
- Penalty Fees (i.e. late registration, late course changes, returned checks)
- Parking Fees
- Fees for any food or lodging expenses, meal ticket fees
- Overoad fees for course loads that require special permission
- Transportation/transit system fees that are not required of every student
- Graduation fees
- Application for admission fees