UTB/TSC AmeriCorps Program
AmeriCorps is an opportunity to make a big difference in your life and in the lives of those around you. As an AmeriCorps member, you’ll gain new skills and experiences—and you’ll also find the tremendous satisfaction that comes from helping others.
AmeriCorps members assist students with the enrollment process (admissions, testing, academic advising, financial aid, orientation, registration, etc.), facilitate parent workshops and serve as a liaison for students (at ISD high schools and other designated venues, via phone and/or email).
- Member who satisfactorily completes service will earn $2,775 educational award. Semi-monthly stipend will be provided during the 10 months.
- AmeriCorps members must serve for 10 months: from Aug. 1, 2013 to May 31, 2014.
- 20 hours per week on average. 80 percent of the time will be spent at area high schools, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Good customer service skills
- Understanding of the university enrollment process
- Application (downloaded from utb.edu/americorps)
- Enrolled for fall 2013 at UTB
- Unofficial transcript
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- 24 credit hours completed
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
Submit your application and required documentation to the AmeriCorps office in Tandy Hall 206G.
Apply now, deadline: Friday June 30, 2013.
Office Location: Tandy 206G