New Faculty Members
Welcome to our UTB/TSC employee community. As a newly hired faculty member, there are a few steps to take before you can begin work. If you have any questions about these steps or anything related to your employment, please call or visit the Office of Human Resources at 956-882-8205. We are located in Cortez Hall 129.
To ensure your employment is processed properly, FOLLOW THESE STEPS BEFORE YOUR FIRST DAY AT WORK:
- Download the Biographical Information form. Complete the entire form.
- Download the I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification* form. Complete up to the Employee’s Signature and Date line.
- Download the W-4 form. Complete the lower portion of the form that begins with Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate on page 1.
- Download the Texas Public Information Act form. Read, complete and sign the form.
- Download the Employee Affidavit form. Read, complete and sign the form.
- Download the Defense Authorization Act form. Read, complete and sign the form.
- Download the Selective Service form. Read, complete and sign the form.
- Download the Certification of State or Public School Employment form. Read, complete and sign the form.
- Download the Prior Texas State Service Verification form. Read, complete and sign the form.
- Download the Direct Deposit form. Read, complete and sign the form.
- Download, read and keep the following polices:
- A Drug Free University
- Political Aid and Influence Statement
- Protecting the Confidentiality of Social Security Numbers Statement
- Rules of Conduct Pertaining to the Confidentiality of Social Security Numbers
- Information Security Statement
- Conflict of Interest Statement
- Texas Ethics - Chapter 572
- UT Retirement Manager / UT Saver
- Download the Employee Acknowledgement and Certification form. Read, complete and sign the form.
- Download An Overview of TRS and ORP, read and keep the document.
- Download the ORP Acknowledgement form. Read, complete and sign the form. Must be signed by all employees who are newly eligible for ORP.
- Download the Benefits Summary for New Employees, read and keep the document.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING TO THE NEW FACULTY ORIENTATION:
- All the forms that you completed above. This includes the Biographical Information form; I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification form; W-4 form; and the Employee Acknowledgement and Certification form.
- Original documents that are listed on the back of the I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification Form. For your convenience, you can view the list here at the end of the I-9 form. Please note to bring any ONE document from list A. Or, if not available, any ONE document from list B AND any ONE document from list C.
- Original Social Security card so that our office can verify your legal name and social security number which is used for payroll and employment purposes. If you do not have your Social Security card, you can obtain one or at least proof of one by visiting the local Social Security Office located in your area.
- Review and print the Single Sign On instructions. You will receive your passcode from Human Resources when you bring in all of the forms requested above.
* You are required to provide original and unexpired acceptable documentation for the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form. Acceptable document(s) should either be one document from List A or one document from both List B and List C. This is required by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Failure to comply will result in a delay in your hire date.