As a last resort in paying their balance, the University offers students the option of obtaining a 30-day Emergency Loan. This option is recommended for students that expect to have the funds available to repay the loan within 30 days or are pending approval of financial aid.
To qualify for an Emergency Loan, students must meet the following requirements:
- be registered for the current semester
- not be in default of a Federal or Institutional student loan,
- not have any outstanding debt to the University, and
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and a minimum completion rate of 70 percent or higher. (The GPA and completion rate requirement does not apply to first time freshman during their first semester of attendance.)
Students may apply for an Emergency Loan by logging in to UTB Online or visiting the Accounting and Finance Office, located in Tandy Hall 107.
- Log in to UTB Online using your User Id and Password
- Click on Students and then click on Emergency and Installment Loans
- Fill out the application and press submit. You will receive instant notification if you application was approved and instructions on what to do next.
If you wish to verify your completion rate and grade point average, click on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
The completion rate is determined by dividing number of semester credit hours (SCH) completed by the number of semester credit hours attempted. For example: A student completes 21 SCHs of the 24 SCHs attempted (21/24 = .875). The completion rate for this student is 87.5%
Application Timeline - Spring 2012
Early registration: To be announced
Late registration: To be announced
Emergency loan payment deadline: To be announced
Application system is available from 8:00 a.m. on the first date and closes at 5:00 p.m. on last date.