Office of Admissions and Recruiting
1. Will UTB-TSC remain open enrollment
for the academic year 2012-2013?
enrolling in the Summer 12, Fall 12, and
Spring 13 semesters, will be admitted to
UTB-TSC, the Partnership entity, without
2. What programs of study are available
You pursue a
bachelor’s and graduate degree. Programs of
study are offered in five different areas
through our College of Liberal Arts, College
of Science, Math and Technology, School of
Business, College of Education, College of
Nursing and Biomedical Studies and Health
3. How can I apply for
There are a
number of ways you can apply for admissions
to The University of Texas at Brownsville
and Texas Southmost College.
- In person by visiting the Info Shop located
in the Tandy Hall lobby
- At various recruitment events that take
place throughout the region Online via the
4. What Financial Aid programs
are available to help pay my educational
scholarships, loans, work-study and
veteran’s programs are provided by federal
and state governments, private entities and
5. Do I have to attend
first-time freshman and transfer student
with less than 30 transferable credits are
required to attend orientation to enroll.
6. How can I schedule a campus
group tours can be scheduled by contacting
the Office of Admissions and Recruiting at
956-882-8295 or toll-free at 1-877-UTBTSC1,
Tandy Hall 116.
7. How can I qualify for the
Imagine College! program?
With the UTB and
TSC Imagine College! program, students could
have their tuition and mandatory fees
covered for up to four years if you:
- Are classified as a Texas resident
- Enroll at UTB and TSC as a first-time,
- Register for 12 credit hours per semester
and complete 24 credit hours each academic year.
Summer classes are not covered by the program.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point
average of 2.0 every semester
- Have a family income of $30,000 or less as
reported on the FAFSA (Free Application for
Federal Student Aid)
- Are eligible for the Pell Grant
- Have earned a High School Diploma or GED
certificate, completed home schooling at the
secondary level, or passed an approved ability
to benefit test
8. Does UTB and TSC offer campus
Residential Life department provides
opportunities for students experience a
sense of community with shared commitment
and social responsibility.
9. How much does it cost to
required fees* for 12 credit hours (based on
Resident in-district or
Non-resident (Foreign or
10. Can I earn college credit
through dual enrollment courses before I
graduate from high school?
Yes, under the
dual enrollment program high school students
are offered an opportunity to enroll in
course work that may earn credits towards
the requirements for high school graduation
as well as college credit.
11. If I do not have legal
residency in the United States, can I still
attend UTB or TSC?
- Yes, international student will be charge
the international student rate, (if from Mexico,
can apply for the Mexican Tuition Waiver and pay
as a resident of Texas rate.)
- If you are a U.S. Citizen, then you must
provide proof of living in Texas 12 months prior
to the first day of classes so you don’t get
charged the out-of-state tuition.
12. Can a student who graduates
from a high school in Mexico attend UTB or
YES, a student
who graduates from a high school in Mexico
can attend UTB or TSC. Student must send
transcripts to one of the three agencies to
get evaluated and that should be enough as
proof that student complies with high school
For more information, visit