College of Liberal Arts Honors Program
What is Honors?
At UTB, students in the College of Liberal Arts will have the opportunity to enhance their major area of study by participating in the Honors Program. The Program offers talented students an enhanced academic experience by providing smaller classes led by outstanding faculty who emphasize active experimentation, research, and performance. Honors students take classes with other motivated, high-achieving students, enjoy special opportunities for experiential learning and study abroad, and earn a more competitive diploma with an honors program designation. Honors programs and colleges are common at universities across the United States and are an integral part of all UT schools. Learn more about honors programs from the National Collegiate Honors Council
Honors College Coming Fall 2015:
- UTB's and UTPA's honors programs will join to form the Honors College of UT Rio Grande Valley. Current Honors students who transition to UTRGV will automatically transition into the new Honors College.
Benefits of Joining the Honors Program:
- Early registration for classes.
- Small classes with outstanding faculty.
- Active engagement in your major through experimentation, research, independent study, and/or performance.
- Special opportunities for experiential learning, internships, study abroad, and study away.
- Preferential Housing at Casa Bella (pending availability).
- A competitive diploma with the Honors Program designation.